Friday, June 12, 2009

Teriyake


I'm not a big Asian food cook, I think the restaurants can do it better...LOVE PEI WEI, but this is an easy marinade for your files.


1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup red wine 1 clove garlic crushed
3 TBLS brown sugar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger...I used about 1/4 tsp


Combine ingredients over medium heat.


I made this then let my pork and veggies hang out in it for about an hour before stir frying in about 2 TBLS oil. I thought it was great and just realized that I forgot the garlic....and I didn't even notice, but garlic would make it even better I'm sure.
Here is what my dinner looked like last night. Of course, I happened to use the one bowl with a big chip in it. I tried to hide it with the fork...I don't think it worked! It may not look super fancy, it I enjoyed every bite. Leftovers tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment