Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti and Cheddar Biscuits

I took several recipes and decided to make my own version of Chicken spaghetti

1 3 lb chicken, boiled and de-boned
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 4 oz jar pimentos..drain a little
1 small carton fresh mushrooms, chopped
tsp garlic salt
salt and pepper
1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
a few shakes Tabasco...more if you like spicy
a few teaspoons Worcestershire
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
2 cups shredded Velveeta
1 lb spaghetti cooked
2 cups reserved spaghetti water/broth

Boil chicken and reserve stock to boil your spaghetti in. I used boxed broth for my spaghetti because I didn't do this exact step..but it would be good if I had. I also added some water to the broth when I cooked my spaghetti. Reserve 2 cups of your spaghetti broth. Saute onions, pepper, and mushrooms in a tbls butter to soften. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except 1 cup of Cheddar and reserved spaghetti water/broth. Add reserved liquid until the mixture is moist and easy to stir, but not too soupy. I used about a cup and a half. Top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly and hot. This dish is also great to freeze before cooking and then just pop in the oven when you are ready for it.

Now for another tasty superstar

Cheddar Biscuits - better than Red Lobster's and theirs are the best thing you can get there!(in my humble opinion)

2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup grated cheddar cheese ( I used sharp)
1 stick butter, melted (original recipe called for 12 tbls, but that was a little much!)
1 1/2 tbls chopped fresh parsley
Garlic salt

Combine first 4 ingredients and spoon onto greased baking sheet. This makes 12 biscuits. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. While baking melt butter and add parsley to melted butter. Brush on biscuits and sprinkle with garlic salt. Then bake for 5 more minutes until golden brown. Trust me you will not be able to stop at one, but you will hate yourself for having another if that makes any sense. Here is a peak..if only you could taste and smell these.


Here is a bonus pic of my cookie jar. I love it because it states how I really feel about cookies. I'll post a cookie recipe soon

No comments:

Post a Comment