Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MckMama's Macaroons

I like to follow www.mycharmingkids.net and MckMama posted this recipe for Coconut Macaroons yesterday and I had to try it since I had everything I needed and was itching to baking something...as usual. I cut my batch in 1/2 and still got about 16. These are yummy if you are a coconut fan and super easy.

1 14 or 16 oz bag of sweetened flaked coconut
3/4 cup sugar
6 T flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp almond extract
4 egg whites

Mix all together in a bowl and drop by the rounded spoonful onto a greased and floured cookie sheet. Baked at 325 for 20 minutes or until they start to brown slightly. Cool on a wire rack.

While cooling in a saucepan over low heat combine 3 cups chocolate chips and 3 T heavy whipping cream. Stir often until smooth. Dip and let cool on waxed paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment