Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

This is my personal version of what started out as The Pioneer Woman's Blueberry Muffins...I, as usual, made a few changes to experiment. I think they were good choices this round. Here is my version that added a lemon twist.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
3 cups less 2 tbs flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup plus 1 heaping tbs lemon yogurt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract
zest from 1 lemon
Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Mix wet ingredients and lemon zest in separate bowl. Stir in dry ingredients until JUST incorporated..about a count of 10. Add 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries in 3-4 strokes.
Pour into buttered muffin tins or paper lined cups. Add remaining blueberries to tops of scoops and press in slightly. Sprinkle with brown sugar or Turbino sugar if you have it for a little crunch on top.
This is how mine turned out and I was very pleased. They weren't nice and rounded on top, but I think they looked scrumptious...but I could also smell the deliciousness! I also got to taste it...oh, who am I kidding, I had more than a taste. I'm not telling how much more. You bake them and see if you can resist!

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious! I have some fresh blueberries in my fridge right now, might have to make them for breakfast Saturday. I think the lemon sounds like a great addition. I always tinker with recipes, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete