Friday, August 27, 2010

Cornbread Casserole

This stuff is sooooo good, please try it...like NOW.

1 stick butter, melted
1 container sour cream (80z)
1 small can green chilis (I used Hot and they are not really hot, but these add excellent flavor to the dish)
1 can cream style corn
1 can whole kernal corn (do not drain)
2 eggs (optional, but I have added them every time)
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
1 Tbs sugar (optional)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine all ingredients in a large box except the cheese. Add the corn bread mix last. Pour in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for approx 30 minutes. Top with the shredded cheese and return to the oven for 5 to 10 more minutes.

Feel free to add drained ground beef and maybe some onion for a one dish meal. I may try taco meat next time I make this. I think I'll layer it in the middle...how good does this sound?!

No comments:

Post a Comment