Thursday, September 9, 2010

Texas Two-step Slaw

Food Friday-a day early

3 cups coleslaw mix (I made my own used green and purple slaw plus grated carrots)
1/4 cup Mexicorn, drained
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 tbs chopped red onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing (I made homemade-well, used the mix+mayo+milk)
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin

Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing, lime juice, and cumin and then pour over slaw. Toss to coat. Chill for a few hours before serving.

I'd say the homemade ranch is the way to go...but in pinch bottled ranch would be just fine. Enjoy!

I'm serving this with my kitchen sink Mexican casserole: corn tortillas, refried beans, Spanish rice, mexicorn and green chilis, enchilada meat sauce (meat, onion, Enchilada seasoning, tomato sauce, water), sour cream and cheese, flour tortillas, more beans and rice, more meat sauce, and more cheese. Sounds like alot, but bound to be tasty!

1 comment: